Whats new in version 1.5.1:
- Added the option to pause conversions.
- Added the option to skip conversions.
- Added the option to shut down the computer after a conversion finished.
- Added the option to put the computer to sleep after a conversion finished.
- Added the option to quit the application after a conversion had finished.
- Added the option to display a dialog notifying the user after a conversion had finished.
- Added the option to make the application play an alert sound after a conversion had finished.
- Added the option to make the application's icon bounce in the dock after a conversion had finished.
- Added the option to reduce CPU time to the conversion engine during a conversion.
- Changed the File menu's "Open Error Log" item to "Open Log".
- Added the option to print the conversion engine's messages by using the File menu's "Print Engine Messages" item.
- Added the ability to remove files from the file list by using the keyboard's delete button.
- Fixed a problem with conversions failing because the user attem...
Flv Crunch is a free and very easy-to-use audio and video converter for Apple's desktop operating system. The utility can convert between numerous files such as FLV, MPEG, MP3, AIFF and much more.
Originally, the application was designed to convert only FLV files (downloaded YouTube videos), but has grown into a universal media converter. This said, Flv Crunch solves the problem of finding a reliable FLV converter that actually works without spending any money.
Flv Crunch features a highly intuitive interface, multiple handy features and a fast conversion engine. From the main window, you can set the output file format and optionally change the frames per second, bitrate, resolution as well as output folder.
A key feature included in the conversion tool is the ability to change the video resolution. You can set the width and height of the video as well as preset (for different screens sizes) from the main window of the application. Moreover, you can also change the video frame rates to any number and the bitrates to any value from the main window as well.
In addition to that, Flv Crunch features a menu for changing the sound: the stereo, mono and no sound options are available here. You can also modify the sampling rate and volume for the files to be converted from the Sound menu.
The quality of your videos can also be changed via the Quality menu and four options can be seen here: No Change, High, Medium, and Low. What's more, you can also crop videos using any custom values in the Crop Video window which can be invoked through the Video menu.Operating system:
Mac OS X 10.1 or later